Nothing beats waking up to warm pancakes and maple syrup, especially when you don’t even have to leave the comfort of your bed. That’s what makes breakfast in bed the perfect gift! I personally love a good pancake recipe, and what truly makes my recipe special is that you can decide to make this nostalgic breakfast last minute with basic pantry staples.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yield: 14 medium-sized pancakes
2 cups (500 mL) all purpose flour
1 tbsp (15 mL) white sugar
2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
1/2 tsp (3 mL) salt
2 cups (500 mL) milk
2 tbsp (30 mL) melted butter
1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, whisk together milk, butter and the egg.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk until just combined and small lumps remain. Don’t over mix.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. place 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the batter on the hot skillet. Brown on both sides. Continue until all the batter has been used.
- Optional: Serve with butter and maple syrup.