Carrot Cake Pumpkin Patch
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 mini pumpkin cupcakes
1 cup (250 mL) flour
1 tsp (5 mL) allspice
1/2 tsp (3 mL) baking powder
1/2 tsp (3 mL) baking soda
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
1/2 cup (125 mL) white sugar
1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
1 cup (250 mL) grated carrot
1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
1/4 cup (60 mL) walnut pieces
1- 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup (60 mL) salted butter, softened
3 cups (750 mL) icing sugar
1/2 tsp (3 mL) vanilla extract
professional grade orange food colouring
12 rosebud chocolates
1/3 cup (80 mL) coarse orange sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Batter: in a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, allspice, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together white sugar, brown sugar and eggs. Mix in carrot, pineapple, oil and walnuts.
- Stir liquid ingredients into the dry. Scoop the batter into two greased 12 cupped Bundt cupcake pan, 2 tbsp of batter in each cup and bake for 20 minutes. Once baked, allow to cool before icing.
- Icing: Using an electric mixer, blend together cream cheese, butter, icing sugar and vanilla until smooth and fluffy. Use orange food colouring to reach your desired shade of orange.
- Place one of the Bundt cupcakes upside down on another to form a pumpkin shape, using icing to stick them together. Apply icing to the outside, of the pumpkin. Place a rosebud on top as a “stem” and sprinkle with coarse orange sugar. Continue until all of the mini pumpkin cupcakes have been made.